KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA
Nation Religion King
Ministry of Economy and Finance
No. 735 MEF.CE
Phnom Penh, 11 September 2008
Procedures for the Management of Specially-Designated Goods
Minister of Economy and Finance
– Having Seen the Constitution of the Kingdom of Cambodia;
– Having Seen Reach Kram No NS/RKT/0704/124 dated 15 July 2004 on the Appointment of the Royal Government;
– Having Seen Reach Kram No 02/NS /94 dated 20 July 1994 promulgating the Law on the Establishment and Organization of the Council of Minister;
– Having Seen Reach Kram No 02/NS/RKM/0196/18 Dated 24 January 1996 promulgating the Law on the Establishment of the Ministry of Economy and Finance;
– Having Seen Reach Kram No NS/RKM/0707/017 dated 20 July 2007 promulgating the Law on Customs;
– Having Seen Anukret No 04 ANKR.BK dated 20 January 2000 on the Establishment and Organization of the Ministry of Economy and Finance;
– Having Seen Anukret No 209 ANKR.BK dated 31 December 2007 on the Implementation of List of Prohibited and Restricted Goods;
– Pursuant to the priority task of the Ministry of Economy and Finance.
Specially-Designated Goods means goods that are sensitive or highly-taxed goods in accordance with the provisions of the second paragraph of Article 8 of the Law on Customs. Specially-Designated Goods are subject to additional procedures for the control and restriction on the transportation, movement, storage and possession.
Highly taxed goods means goods which are subject to duty and taxes at a compound rate of more than 27 (twenty seven) percent.
Sensitive goods are the goods that are:
– in the list of prohibited and restricted goods in accordance with the Anukret on the implementation of prohibited and restricted goods;
– potential for duty and tax revenues as well as smuggling activities as described in the annex of this Prakas.
For the kind of goods that are specially designated as described in Praka 2 and 3 of this Prakas, in accordance with the provisions of the Law on Customs, the power of Customs Officer shall cover the entire customs territory including the Customs Zone. For other goods that are not specially designated, in accordance with the provisions of the Law on Customs, the power of Customs Officer shall only cover in the Customs Zone. In the event of pursuit in plain sight from the inside of the Customs Zone, or the unexpected discovery of goods which do not statement made or documents in the
possession of the person holding the goods, in accordance with the provisions of the Law on Customs, the power of Customs Officer may cover the entire customs territory although those goods are not the specially-designated goods.
Pursuant to the priority task, the Director of Customs may propose to the Minister of Economy and Finance to amend or add some more goods to the list of Specially- Designated Goods.
In accordance with the actual circumstances, and in order to ensure the effectiveness of Customs, the Director of Customs may from time to time determine and amend customs procedures relating to transportation, distribution, storage and possession of the specially-designated goods; including required possibilities of customs sticker or seal affixing, being transported by authorized transportation means, being controlled by special registration, and goods to be accompanied by concerned judicial documents and so on.
Importers, exporters, owners of goods, or representatives of specially- designated goods shall correctly follow formalities, set by the Director of Customs, of transportation, circulation, storage, possession, and other requirements relating to the specially-designated goods.
Any regulations contradict to this Prakas shall be null and void.
Delegate of the Royal Government in charge of Customs and Excise Department, Secretary General, Director of Cabinet, Director of the Department and involved units within the Ministry of Economy and Finance; including personnel and
institutions concerned shall carry out the provisions of the s effectively from the signatory date.
Minister of Economy and Finance
– Ministry of the Royal palace
– Secretariat General of the Senate
– Secretariat General of the National Assembly
– Cabinet of Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo Hun Sen Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia
– Council of Ministers “To be informed”
– Customs and Excise Department
– As Praka 9
– Cambodia Chamber of Commerce “For publicized cooperation and implementation”
– Official Journal
– Document – Archive