The Project of Enhancing the Investment-Related Service of Council for the Development of Cambodia was launched in March 2011 as the joint project of the Council for the Development of Cambodia (CDC) and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). The project aims to develop the capabilities of CDC in investment information and investment promotion services with the purpose of strengthening investment-related related services for investors.
The first Joint Coordinating Committee (JCC) meeting took place on March 14, 2011 at the inauguration of project. The JCC endorsed the activities of project as follow:
1) Establish a user-friendly website fitting investor’s needs and regularly update the website;
2) Update an Investment Guidebook which provides investment-related information such as society, economics, and business environment;
3) Establish a library containing laws and regulations and other investment-related information;
4) Plan and implement Investment Seminars to promote foreign investment in Cambodia;
5) Strength the reception function including investment consultation; and
6) Support the establishment of country desks for promoting investment from the priority countries.
The Project team has been implementing the above activities with the Cambodia Investment Board (CIB) and the Cambodian Economic Zone Board (CSEZB) in cooperation with JICA long-term expert who is dispatched to CDC for promoting investment from Japan.
First JCC (March 14, 2011)